frequently asked questions 


We’ve intuitively answered some questions we thought you might have below. If these don't answer your questions just drop us a line, our team loves a chat. 

  • where is under30's located?
  • In the neighbourhood? Come and say hello.
    Under 30's Travel Insurance
    Level 12
    338 Pitt Street

  • how do I contact you from overseas?
  • You can contact us at any time from any location via our 24 hour emergency number. Keep your certificate of travel insurance handy, the number is on there. You'll also see a number for our sales department who are contactable during business hours:

    Emergency Assistance
    From Overseas:
    Medical Emergency Only: (+) 61 2 8776 3010
    Missed Flights / Travel Delay: (+) 61 2 8776 3010
    All Other Assistance Enquiries: (+) 61 2 8776 3010

    Sales Department (+) 61 2 9235 0222
    (Between the hours of 8am – 8pm Australian Eastern Standard Time, Monday to Friday, Saturday 8am to 5pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm.

  • What Do I Do If I Lose My Policy Documentation
  • If you lose your policy documentation please call 1300 882 113 or email

  • what do I receive as proof of my coverage?
  • Once you have taken travel insurance with us we issue you with a certificate of travel insurance. This is automatically emailed to you along with a copy of the Product Disclosure Statement.

  • after purchasing my under30's travel insurance policy, how long is the cooling off period?
  • If you decide that you do not want this policy, you may cancel it within 14 days after you are issued your certificate of insurance and PDS. You will be given a full refund of the premium you paid, provided you have not started your journey and you do not want to make a claim or exercise your rights under the policy.

    • who can purchase this policy?
    • You are eligible to purchase an Under30's travel insurance policy if:

      • You are an Australian resident 
      • You have not yet commenced your journey.
      • Your journey begins and ends in Australia.
      • You are aged between 16-29 years of age.
    • when does my period of cover begin?
    • Cancellation fees and lost deposit coverage begins at the point when the policy is issued. Coverage for all other benefits begins on the start date of your trip.

    • can i extend my policy?
    • You can extend your policy by contacting us within a minimum of 48 hours before your policy lapses and pay the additional cost of extending your cover.

    • how long will it take to process a claim?
    • under 30's travel insurance will process your claim within 10 business days of receiving a completed claims form and necessary documentation. If we need an additional notification information we will notify you within 10 business days. 

    • can i choose my own doctor?
    • You are free to choose your own medical adviser or we can appoint an approved Medical Adviser to see you. Unless you are being treated under a reciprocal health agreement.

      You must however advise under 30's travel insurance of your admittance to hospital as soon as feasibly possible.

    • what currency are claims paid in?
    • We will pay all claims in Australian Dollars. The rate of currency exchange that will apply is the rate at the time you incurred the expenses.

    • what is rental vehicle excess?
    • We will reimburse you up to $5,000 for any excess or deductible which you become legally liable to pay under your Rental Vehicle hiring agreement if the Rental Vehicle is involved in an accident while you are driving, or is damaged or stolen while in your custody.

      Please be aware this benefit does not take the place of Rental Vehicle insurance.

  • does this policy cover pre-existing medical condition?
  • Under 30's automatically cover 34 pre-existing medical conditions. Please remember that a pre-existing medical conditions is:
    a)       any medical or physical condition, defect, disease or illness including any mental illness, of which you were aware or should reasonably have been aware, and for which treatment, medication, preventative medication, advice, preventative advice or investigation have been received or prescribed by a medical or dental adviser in the 90 days before the certificate of insurance was issued; or
    b)       any chronic or ongoing (whether chronic or otherwise) medical or dental condition, illness or disease of which you were aware or should reasonably have been aware, and which is medically documented or under investigation prior to the issue of the certificate of insurance; or
    c)       any surgery which you have undergone in the past 12 months; or
    d)       pregnancy
    e)       any of the above conditions which are the subject of an investigation, even if the condition has not been diagnosed.
    This above definition applies to you, your travelling companion, a relative or any other person.

  • what activities can i do under my policy?
  • A full list of activities that you are automatically covered for can be found here.